February 14-18 is International Love Data Week 2022, an event dedicated to promoting the importance of research data management, sharing, preservation, and reuse. The NIH Library Data Services Team loves data and is celebrating all February (and March, too!) with data classes, resources, and services.
The NIH Library offers classes to help you manage, clean, analyze, visualize, and share your data. Learn more and register through the links below.
- Data Wrangling in R
February 9, 1:00‒2:15 pm
- Figshare: A Repository for Researchers Publishing Open Research Data
February 10, 3:00‒4:00 pm
- Data Management and Sharing: Part 1
February 17, 12:00‒1:00 pm
- Data Management and Sharing: Part 2
February 18, 12:00‒1:00 pm
- NCHS Data Linkage Program from the CDC: Modernization Initiatives
February 22, 10:00‒11:00 am
- Meta-Analysis: Quantifying a Systematic Review
March 1, 1:00‒3:00 pm
- Provisional COVID-19 Mortality Data from the National Vital Statistics System of the CDC
March 8, 10:00‒11:00 am
- Managing Data in Excel
March 11, 12:00‒1:00 pm
- NCHS Research and Development Survey from the CDC and Support of Methodological Research
March 15, 2:00‒3:00 pm
- Adapting CDC Surveys to Report on Emerging Health Crises in Hospitals and Long-term Care
March 22, 10:00‒11:00 am
- Statistical Considerations in Preparing Your Paper
March 23, 10:00‒11:30 am
- Introduction to Data Visualization in R: ggplot
March 23, 1:00‒2:15 pm
The NIH Library provides access to an extensive suite of data and statistical resources.
- Data Sciences Workstation
Get virtual access to the NIH Library’s Data Sciences Workstation and use the suite of data analysis, processing, and visualization tools and take advantage of the high-performance computing capabilities (reservation required).
- Sage Data Science Visualization Videos and Tools
Access videos, tools, galleries, and tips to help both beginner and advanced researchers create impactful visualizations.
- Data Science, Big Data Analytics, and Digital Methods Videos
Watch video tutorials covering everything from basic programming techniques for those starting out, through advanced techniques in deep learning.
- Data Science eBooks
Check out selected data science eBooks from our online collection.
The NIH Library's Data Services Program provides assistance with data management, data visualization, data analysis, study design, statistical support, and R and RStudio programming languages. We also provide support for the statistical and data analysis/visualization software that can be accessed virtually through the NIH Library Data Sciences Workstation.
Contact us today and let us know how we can help you with your data needs.
The NIH Library in Building 10 serves the information needs of NIH staff and select Department of Health and Human Services agencies. The NIH Library is part of the Office of Research Services in the Office of the Director. To stay updated on NIH Library classes, events, resources, and services, subscribe to our e-news.