Are you working on a paper or doing research? Download EndNote X9 to help you track your citations and format them properly as you write your manuscript. EndNote is available to NIH, HHS, and CMS staff through a subscription managed by the NIH Library. Use EndNote to:
- Automatically create, format, and update bibliographies
- Store and organize references in a searchable personal library
- Import references from article databases and catalogs
- Generate bibliographies in different reference styles
- Insert in-text citations and full references directly into manuscripts
- Synchronize references on up to three personal computers or smart devices
- Find the full text for references in one click
- Share references with collaborators
How Do I Download EndNote X9?
NOTE: You must have NIH credentials to access the software download page in the NIH Library website, and you will need administrative rights on your computer to install EndNote X9.
- Contact your IT support group to request assistance with EndNote software installation, which requires administrative rights.
- Go to the NIH Library EndNote Download page. Please note that this page must be accessed from the NIH network or via the library's Remote Access service.
- Follow the instructions on that page to initiate the software download for your Windows or Mac computer, as appropriate.
Training and Support
For assistance with EndNote X9, the NIH Library offers training and support:
- Ask a Question
- Take classes at the NIH Library; EndNote classes are offered every month
- Request a personal tutorial on EndNote, conducted by NIH Library staff
- Get additional support from online tutorials and training on the EndNote website
Subscribe to stay updated on NIH Library classes, resources, and services.