The NIH Library is excited to announce that EndNote X9 is now available for all NIH staff to download through the NIH Library subscription.
What is EndNote X9?
EndNote is a reference management tool, and X9 is the latest version available. With EndNote X9, you can find, download, organize and share citations in a searchable database, making it easier to write manuscripts and manage CVs. New features in X9 include:
- New reference types: discussion forum, TV episode, social media, and multimedia applications
- Citation reports: ability to generate Web of Science citation reports from within EndNote by selecting a group from your desktop
- Manuscript matcher: ability to create a list of potential journals to publish in for the paper you are writing
- Group sharing: ability to share your groups with colleagues right from your EndNote desktop with both read-only or read-and-write access.
- Sharing permissions: ability to choose whether you share a library with full Read-write permissions or the new Read-only mode
How Do I Download EndNote X9?
NOTE: You must have NIH credentials to access the software download page in the NIH Library website, and you will need administrative rights on your computer to install EndNote X9.
- Contact your IT support group to request administrative rights on your computer for EndNote software installation. They may also be able to help you with the installation.
- Go to the NIH Library EndNote Download page. Please note that NIH authentication is required to access this page.
- Follow the instructions on that page to initiate the software download for your Windows or Mac computer, as appropriate.
Should I Upgrade to EndNote X9?
The NIH Library strongly encourages everyone currently using EndNote to upgrade to this latest edition (EndNote X9) to take advantage of the latest features and support. To perform the upgrade, administrative rights are required; please work with your IT support group to request administrative rights and to help with installation. Prior to running the update, it is strongly recommended that you backup your existing EndNote libraries.
Training and Support
For additional assistance with EndNote X9, the NIH Library offers training and support:
- Ask a Librarian or call 301-496-1080
- Take classes at the NIH Library; EndNote classes are offered throughout the year
- Request a personal tutorial on EndNote, conducted by NIHL librarians
- Get additional support from online tutorials and training on the EndNote website
The NIH Library in Building 10 serves the information needs of NIH staff and select Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) agencies. The NIH Library is part of the Office of Research Services (ORS) in the Office of the Director (OD).NIH Library classes, events, resources, and services, subscribe to our e-news.
Last modified date: Mon, 04/15/2019 - 11:27am