The NIH Library Bioinformatics Support Program has organized a training class on using Partek Genomics Suite (NGS), with Partek Pathway, for analysis of gene expression and functional analysis of microarray data. (To use Partek Genomics Suite for NGS data, the data must already be aligned.) . This class will be held on April 12, from 9:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Affymetrix mRNA data will be used to conduct the gene expression analysis workflow through the following tasks:
- Import data
- Perform QA/QC of imported data
- Detect differential expression (ANOVA)
- Create a gene list
- Interpret biological information using Partek Pathway
- Apply visualization options (PCA, histogram, box plot dot plot, volcano plot, heatmap, etc.)
The training will also demonstrate:
- How to integrate miRNA expression data with gene expression data
- How to detect differential expression of aligned RNA-Seq data
- How to perform downstream functional analysis
This class will be taught by Partek staff and is free and open to NIH staff.
For more information on how to access the NIH Library license for Partek Genomics Suite, please visit https://nihlibrary.nih.gov/services/bioinformatics-support/analysis-tools-databases.
The NIH Library in Building 10 serves the information needs of NIH staff and select Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) agencies. The NIH Library is part of the Office of Research Services (ORS) in the Office of the Director (OD).