Access to InCites is now available to all NIH staff. InCites is a publication analysis tool that provides a range of productivity, collaboration, and citation impact metrics for publications in the Web of Science database. InCites allows you to analyze and benchmark the publication performance of authors, institutions, and grant portfolios from around the world.
How to access InCites
To use InCites, you must set up a profile:
- Go to https://incites.clarivate.com while on the NIH network and create a new profile or sign in with an existing Web of Science or EndNote account.
- Once you have set up your profile, you can access InCites from anywhere.
- Log in from a computer or device on the NIH network at least once every 6 months to keep your access active.
- See this short video or the InCites help page for more information on setting up your InCites account
Learn more about InCites
The NIH Library is offering the following webinars to help you learn more about InCites. Click on the links below to read about the webinars and to register:
- Introduction to InCites Benchmarking and Analytics, October 17, 10:00–11:00 am
- Introduction to InCites Benchmarking and Analytics, October 17, 2:00–3:00 pm
- Using InCites for Evaluating Program Outcomes, October 31, 10:00–11:00 am
Get help with your analyses
The NIH Library provides expert advice on designing analyses and selecting metrics, training on using publication analysis databases and tools, and analytical services customized to your specific needs. More information about our services is available at: https://www.nihlibrary.nih.gov/services/bibliometrics.
The NIH Library in Building 10 serves the information needs of NIH staff and select Department of Health and Human Services agencies. The NIH Library is part of the Office of Research Services in the Office of the Director. NIH Library classes, events, resources, and services, subscribe to our e-news.