Do you want to get the most out of PubMed? Use PubMed@NIH, a special edition of PubMed for NIH staff. While PubMed provides access to many published articles for free, many more full-text articles are available to the NIH research communities through PubMed@NIH. Using this tool connects your PubMed searches directly to the NIH Library collection and maximizes your access to full-text articles. It can even save you time when you need to order documents from the Library.
How to Access and Use PubMed@NIH
You must have NIH credentials (a PIV card) and be on the NIH campus or connected to the NIH VPN to use PubMed@NIH. Note: you will see “nihlib” at the end of the URL when connected to PubMed@NIH.
- Go to the NIH Library website > click on the PubMed@NIH button in the grey bar (below the main search box), or bookmark this link for future reference: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed?otool=nihlib.
- Open a single record in PubMed@NIH in the abstract or full record format.
- Click on the blue and green "NIH Library Go" icon in the top right-hand corner of the abstract/record.
- If the NIH Library has a subscription to the journal, you will be directed to the full-text article.
- If the NIH Library does not have a subscription for the article, you will be directed to the NIH Library document delivery form, which will be automatically completed, allowing you to effortlessly submit the order.
For new and advanced PubMed users, join us for a class—click on the links below to learn more and register. Individual and group online tutorials are also available upon request.
- NIH Library Resources for NIH Staff, September 10, 1:00-2:00 pm
- Introduction to PubMed, October 8, 2:00-3:00 pm
- Advanced PubMed, October 14, 12:00-1:00 pm
- Introduction to PubMed, November 5, 1:00-2:00 pm
The NIH Library in Building 10 serves the information needs of NIH staff and select Department of Health and Human Services agencies. The NIH Library is part of the Office of Research Services in the Office of the Director. To stay updated on NIH Library classes, events, resources, and services, subscribe to our e-news.
Last modified date: Tue, 08/31/2021 - 1:19pm