UpToDate® is getting an update. Beginning January 11, you will be prompted to log in when accessing UpToDate. This is a quick, one-time registration for those who have not previously registered, and is free and easy to do.
- Current, evidence-based recommendations for care wherever and whenever you need them
- UpToDate content accessible from your desktop, via the newly optimized mobile web, or the Mobile App
- Free UpToDate Mobile App for your iOS or Android device
- Access to UpToDate outside the NIH network
- Ability to download content ahead of time for situations with limited or no internet connectivity
- Free continuing education credits (CME/CE/CPD) when you research a clinical question using UpToDate onsite or remotely—including on your mobile device
- Bi-weekly Clinical Newsletter—stay current with updates from the UpToDate editorial team
How to Register
- While on the NIH network/VPN, go to UpToDate under the Quick Links menu on the NIH Library website—please note that you must be on the NIH network/VPN to register
- Select “Log In/Register” from the upper right corner of the page
- Complete all fields on the right side of the registration page and then click “Submit Registration”
As a registered UpToDate user, you already have immediate access to UpToDate. Now, you can also install the UpToDate Mobile App on up to two devices and access it from anywhere.
Through the NIH Library’s license, take advantage of UpToDate’s features including summaries of newly added topics and information, clinical practice updates, integrated patient education information, medical calculators, drugs and drug interactions, medical graphic search, and links to full-text articles. And while searching UpToDate, earn continuing medical education (CME) credit.
If you have any questions or issues with UpToDate registration or access, please contact: email@example.com or 301.496.1080.
The NIH Library in Building 10 serves the information needs of NIH staff and select Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) agencies. The NIH Library is part of the Office of Research Services (ORS) in the Office of the Director (OD).