UpToDate is an evidence-based, physician-authored resource that quickly provides clinical answers at the point of care. The NIH Library provides access to UpToDate for all NIH staff.
Go to www.uptodate.com while on the NIH network/VPN. To get even more out of UpToDate, register for a free account that will allow you to:
- Access UpToDate from anywhere, including from your mobile device(s)
- Download content ahead of time for situations with limited or no internet connectivity
- Earn continuing education credits (CME/CE/CPD)
- Read the bi-weekly UpToDate Clinical Newsletter with the latest information from the UpToDate editorial team
- Access integrated patient education information, medical calculators, drug interaction tools, medical graphics, and links to full-text articles
- While on the NIH network/VPN, go to www.uptodate.com
- Select “Register” from the upper right-hand corner of the UpToDate page
- Complete all fields and then click “Submit Registration”
- Once registered, you can use your account to access UpToDate from your computer or install the UpToDate Mobile App on up to two devices
- Contact the NIH Library through our Ask a Question service
- Watch short training videos on how to access and use UpToDate
Stay updated on NIH Library classes, events, resources, and services: https://www.nihlibrary.nih.gov/updates.
The NIH Library in Building 10 serves the information needs of NIH staff and select Department of Health and Human Services agencies. The NIH Library is part of the Office of Research Services in the Office of the Director.