The NIH Library is here to help you—online—with your virtual information and research needs. This week, we are highlighting research resources provided by the NIH Library.
Remote access note: NIH staff can access these resources directly through the links below or via the NIH Library website while working on the VPN. The resources can also be accessed without being on the VPN by going through the Library’s remote access page and using your NIH PIV card and/or credentials. Eligible HHS employees should connect through the remote access page, following the appropriate link for their organization.
- NIH Library eBook Search: extend your research with our collection of 160,000+ scholarly eBooks
- OverDrive: download and enjoy popular science ebooks and audiobooks on your computer or your personal device
- NIH Library Database Search: search 50+ reference databases
- Micromedex: access information about drug information, toxicology, diseases, acute care, and alternative medicine
- PubMed @ NIH: use this link to search PubMed and get direct access to articles that the NIH Library subscribes to, or the ability to request articles the Library does not have by clicking the “NIH Library Go” button
- Scopus: explore this extensive abstract and citation database of peer-reviewed literature, including scientific journals, books, and conference proceedings
- UpToDate: use this clinical decision resource, either online or on your mobile device, to stay abreast of clinical information and standards and to make point-of-care decisions
- Web of Science: search this comprehensive scientific indexing database comprising citations from research literature published in journals, conference proceedings, symposia, and seminars
- NIH Library Journal Search: explore the NIH Library collection of 12,000+ current and historical journals, most with complete archives
- BrowZine: turn your mobile device (app download) or computer (desktop interface) into a personalized, portable journal bookshelf of your favorite NIH Library research journals
- Featured Journals: access articles from the NIH Library’s most frequently used journals
Reference Management Tools
- EndNote: download the EndNote application for free from the NIH Library to manage your bibliographic references
- Mendeley: organize your research, collaborate with others online, and discover research
- JoVE Science Education Videos: stay updated on scientific fundamentals in easy-to-follow video demonstrations created by experts at top institutions
- SAGE Data Science Videos: discover innovative methods and best practices for data analysis, data visualization, and computational social science research
Contact us today and let us know how we can help you with your online information and research needs.
The NIH Library in Building 10 serves the information needs of NIH staff and select Department of Health and Human Services agencies. The NIH Library is part of the Office of Research Services in the Office of the Director. NIH Library classes, events, resources, and services, subscribe to our e-news.
Last modified date: Wed, 05/06/2020 - 2:32pm