The NIH Library has a wide variety of services and staff to help you—virtually—with your teleworking information and research needs. Here are just a few of the many ways the NIH Library is ready to assist you:
- Data and Bioinformatics: we offer specialized software that can be run on your desktop or by our staff to help process, analyze and visualize your research
- Document Delivery: we help you get articles, books, and documents from our collection or from other libraries around the world, if requested items are not held by the NIH Library
- Editing: we provide light and medium manuscript editing, assistance with preparing your manuscript for peer review, and fee-based substantive editing work
- Literature Searches: we offer assistance with developing and conducting a thorough search of the literature (high-impact journals in the related field, gray literature, personal communications, and books) for your research topic
- Protocol Support: we help you develop search strategies and can identify appropriate resources for the literature and research components of your protocol
- Systematic Reviews: we provide help with every step of your systematic review, including research question development, searching, screening, data abstraction, and manuscript editing and writing
- Translations: we offer written and oral translations of materials for NIH employees and contractors in support of their employment and/or research (translations for languages not offered in-house can be provided through a fee-based service)
We also provide general assistance:
- Get Help: you can fill out our “get help” forms to ask a question, request materials, suggest resources, get editing assistance, schedule a bioinformatics consultation, and more
- Find Your Librarian: you can get personalized information and research assistance—each Institute or Center has their own dedicated informationist or specialized librarian
NIH staff can access information about these and other online services via the NIH Library website using the NIH VPN or through the NIH Library’s remote access page. Eligible HHS employees should connect through the remote access page. All services listed above, except where noted, are free to NIH and select HHS staff.
The NIH Library in Building 10 serves the information needs of NIH staff and select Department of Health and Human Services agencies. The NIH Library is part of the Office of Research Services in the Office of the Director. NIH Library classes, events, resources, and services, subscribe to our e-news.
Last modified date: Fri, 08/27/2021 - 4:45pm