NIH staff are invited to attend “Web of Science: Preclinical to Patent Searching” on May 21st organized by the NIH Library. This free training event will be held in the NIH Library Training Room, Building 10, from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Both in-person and remote attendance options are available. Registration is required (use the link provided below).
The Web of Science is a powerful tool that enables you to discover and evaluate research in the sciences and social sciences. Throughout this series of workshops, learn to track citations to the work you have authored, discover scientific datasets available for reuse, and explore the patent literature relevant to your field.
- 10:00 am – 11:00 am: Introduction to Web of Science
- 11:00 am – 12:00 pm: Resources in the Life Sciences: BIOSIS Citation Index & Zoological Record
- 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm: BREAK
- 1:00 pm – 1:45 pm: Introduction to Data Citation Index
- 2:00 pm – 3:00 pm: Exploring Patent Literature in Derwent Innovations Index
This all-day event will be by taught by Thomson Reuters staff and is open to NIH staff.
Registration for this class is no longer available.
The NIH Library in Building 10 serves the information needs of NIH staff and select Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) agencies. The NIH Library is part of the Office of Research Services (ORS) in the Office of the Director (OD).
Last modified date: Tue, 01/09/2018 - 3:00pm