Bradley Otterson joined the library as a reference librarian in 2001. His interests have allowed him to expand into other aspects of the library.
He is interested in renovation projects and maintenance of the facility. For example, he helped with designing and implementing the Green Terrace. The terrace is accessible from the Reading Room. It is a green roof with soil that covers the lower level of the library. NIH staff can enjoy the outdoor space with vegetation, fountain, tables, and chairs. He watches over the area making sure that the components (e.g., plants, water, soil, mechanics) are functioning.
He oversees several systems.
He is involved in the modeling and configuring of different information systems.
Point of Contact
He serves as a Point of Contact who facillitates information requests, projects, or other services for these ICs:
- CIT, NIAID, NLM
He serves as an Informationist who provides personalized information services for these HHS agencies:
- AHRQ (This agency has an Information Resources Center that provides on-site services.)
He teaches how to gather information and organize it into bibliographic software.
He provides references services.
What Can Bradley Otterson Do For You
- Provide comprehensive searching of the scientific and grey literature.
- Develop and conduct individual or group instruction on how to search, collect, and manage scientific and public data, both online and in-person.
- Create research or news alerts to keep up-to-date on research or topics of interest.
- Assist with manuscript preparation (e.g., selecting an appropriate journal, formatting the paper and references, receiving support for paper submission and more).
- Consult on special projects involving the locating, organizing, analyzing, and synthesizing of information.