Intermediate Data Wrangling with R
- Registration Closed
- Apr 25, 2017
- 01:00 PM to 04:00 PM
- NIH Library Training Room
This hands-on session will introduce participants to the “tidyverse” in R. It will use RStudio, a free program for R, explore the fundamentals of tidy data and data manipulation with the packages tidyr, dplyr, and stringr. This will include thinking about the organization of the data, getting from imperfect data formats to a “tidy” format (see “Tidy Data” by Hadley Wickham), and working with the data once it is in a tidy format.
Students should have some familiarity with:
- The basic data types in R.
- How to write a script in R.
- How to write a function in R.
- What the file system is (http://www.tldp.org/LDP/intro-linux/html/sect_03_01.html).
- How to load data into R.
- How to write a “for loop” in R.