The NIH Library has started a pilot to pay the article processing charge (APC) for NIH employees publishing in open access journals at PLOS. This includes:
- PLOS Biology
- PLOS Computational Biology
- PLOS Genetics
- PLOS Medicine
- PLOS Neglected Tropical Diseases
- PLOS ONE
- PLOS Pathogens
During this pilot program, which begins on August 1, 2019, the NIH Library will:
- Review all accepted manuscript submissions provided by PLOS on a monthly basis for corresponding authors from NIH.
- Approve one publication (APC) fee payment from the Library’s PLOS account for an NIH corresponding author within a 12-month period.
- Submit a manuscript to a PLOS journal.
- Use an official NIH email address as the corresponding author.
NIH Public Access Policy
NIH Public Access Policy requires scientists to submit final peer-reviewed journal manuscripts that arise from NIH funds to the digital archive PubMed Central upon acceptance for publication. To help advance science and improve human health, the policy requires that these papers be accessible to the public on PubMed Central no later than 12 months after publication.
Last modified date: Fri, 07/26/2019 - 3:02pm