EndNote is a software package which is designed to help you to organize citations and create a bibliography. EndNote helps you to find, download, and organize references in your own personal EndNote library.
Get EndNote: The current version of EndNote available from the NIH Library is Endnote X9. It is compatible with Windows 7 to 10 and Mac OSX10.10 to 10.12.
EndNote allows you to do the following:
- Search for citations in databases (e.g., PubMed, Scopus, and Web of Science)
- Retrieve relevant citations and import them into EndNote
- Use an EndNote plugin for Microsoft Word to easily format references and bibliographies in your papers to conform to styles used by hundreds of different journals
- Download the Full-text of articles as PDFs
- Share a library with up to 100 persons