Steps for Installing All Output Styles
- Go to the Control Panel and choose Add or Remove Programs in Windows XP or Programs and Features in Windows Vista/7. Select EndNote and choose Change. Select the Modify Option and choose Next.
- To install all styles, place a check next to Additional Styles and choose Will be installed on local hard drive. It is suggested to install output styles and not limit to a specific category. Click Next until the process is complete.
- In EndNote, go to Menu” and choose Customizer.
- Place a check next to all of the Output Styles you’d like.
- Click Next twice and Done to close the window.
Editing Output Styles
If you cannot find the output style you need from the EndNote website, you can alter an existing style to conform to your needs.
- From the Edit menu, choose Output Styles and select Open Style Manager.
- In the Style Manager, change the setting in the information panel (on the right- hand side) from Style Info to Style Preview. The preview of the selected style should now be displayed.
- Scroll through the list of available styles to see if you can find one that is similar to what you need.
- Once you have found a similar style, select it, and click the Edit button. The Style window opens.
- Choose Save As from the File menu, give this copy of the style a new name that corresponds to the name of the journal you want to use it for, and click Save. This will also keep the original style unchanged, in the event that you need to use it later.
- The new Style window remains open for you to edit as you need.
- There are many elements of the style that may be edited. For detailed information on specifics of editing styles refer to the EndNote Manual (via the Help button). As an example, you can edit the citations in the text from superscript numbers "1" to "author-year type". Click on Templates under the Citation heading to see the Citation panel. This template tells EndNote how to format the in-text citations. (The bibliography number corresponds to a numbered reference in a bibliography.) An author-year type of style would display as “(Author, Year)” in the citation template. You may change the template by deleting unwanted field names or punctuation, retyping the punctuation you want, and inserting new fields with the Insert Field button.
Last modified date: Thu, 09/20/2018 - 2:36pm