NIH Library Tech Hub Available Software
- 3D computer graphics software that is also used for designing games, film, and animation.
- Adobe After Effects
- Film and animation software that also allows 3D editing.
- Adobe Photoshop
- Graphics editing program that has a 3D plugin.
- Adobe Illustrator
- Vector graphics editor.
Free 3D Printing Software
- 123D Sculpt
- 3D Crafter
- 3D Tin
- Art of Illusion
- CREO Elements/Direct Modeling Express
- DrawPlus Starter Edition
- Google SketchUp
- NetFabb Basic
- Wings 3D
- 3DS Max
- Cubify Sculpt
- Geomagic Design
- PTC Creo Parametric
Scientific Specific Programs
- UCSF Chimera is a highly extensible program for interactive visualization and analysis of molecular structures and related data, including density maps, supramolecular assemblies, sequence alignments, docking results, trajectories, and conformational ensembles. High-quality images and animations can be generated.(CIT offers classes)
- Medical Image Processing, Analysis, and Visualization PET, MRI, CT, or microscopy and Algorithms/Extract surface(marching cubes) for .stl
- Imaris delivers functionality for data visualization, analysis, segmentation and interpretation of 3D and 4D microscopy datasets.
Last modified date: Thu, 02/18/2021 - 9:46am