Data Wrangling in R: Tidy Data and the R Tidyverse
- Registration Closed
- May 21, 2018
- 01:00 PM to 02:00 PM
- NIH Library Training Room
The NIH Library's Data Services program provides classes on a variety of topics related to managing, analyzing, and visualizing data.
The class is part of our Introduction to R Series. These classes are designed to teach non-programmers to write modular code and to introduce best practices for using R for data analysis and data visualization.
- Describe tidy data
- List the major components of the tidyverse
- Describe the benefits of using the tidyverse packages
- Distinguish between importing data in base R and using readr
- Discriminate between long and wide data
- Apply the gather() and spread() functions in RStudio