Data Wrangling in R: Wrangling Data Using the Tidyverse
- Waitlist Only
- May 23, 2018
- 01:00 PM to 02:00 PM
- NIH Library Training Room
The NIH Library's Data Services program provides classes on a variety of topics related to managing, analyzing, and visualizing data.
The class is part of our Introduction to R Series. These classes are designed to teach non-programmers to write modular code and to introduce best practices for using R for data analysis and data visualization.
- List the major methods for transforming data types
- Demonstrate how to change column names in RStudio
- List the common tools for visually identifying outliers
- List the major components of a boxplot
- Learn how to use RStudio to create a vector of missing values
- Demonstrate how to use separate() to break up columns
- Discuss the three methods for converting between lower case and upper case
- Discuss the four string manipulation commands in the stringr