Introduction to the New Reaxys
- Registration Closed
- Oct 26, 2017
- 02:00 PM to 03:00 PM
Discover the completely new Reaxys interface for chemistry research in this webinar offered by the NIH Library. The session, focused on Reaxys usage in drug research applications, will be held online on Thursday, October 26, 2:00 – 3:00 p.m.
Reaxys is a comprehensive chemistry database with flexible query input, compound synthesis pathway generation, report creation, and detailed literature reviews. Structure and property data are excerpted from essential journals, patents, and textbook chapters, and the information is indexed with chemistry-specific taxonomy.
The class will cover:
- Understanding the new Reaxys user interface
- Constructing workflow-based query forms
- Using graphic editors
- Customizing Reaxys user settings
- Constructing search queries using the Quick Search and Advanced Search forms
- Searching compounds with specific properties
- Searching variable structural features by generating variable structures (Markush structures) in the graphic editor
- Importing and exporting structures, reactions, and querie
- Performing similarity searches, substance searches, and using the Reaction Autoplan feature