Introduction to R and RStudio
- Waitlist Only
- Apr 24, 2018
- 12:00 PM to 01:00 PM
- NIH Library Training Room
The NIH Library's Data Services program provides classes on a variety of topics related to managing, analyzing, and visualizing data.
The goal of this series of classes is to teach non-programmers to write modular code and to introduce best practices for using R for data analysis.
The Introduction to R series is divided into two one-hour classes. The first class is an introduction to R and RStudio. The second class is an introduction to R data types. These sessions are designed so that people can drop in/out based on their skill level. However, when we get to the second session, there will be a lot less hand-holding.
- Learn about the data used in the classes
- Describe the purpose and use of each pane in the RStudio IDE
- Locate buttons and options in the RStudio IDE
- Manage packages in R
- Discuss project management in RStudio
- Manage a workspace in an interactive R session