Partek Flow RNA-Seq Data Analysis
- Registration Closed
- Apr 23, 2018
- 09:30 AM to 12:00 PM
- NIH Library Training Room
Bioinformatics is an interdisciplinary field that develops methods and software tools for understanding biological data. As an interdisciplinary field of science, bioinformatics combines computer science, statistics, mathematics, and engineering to analyze and interpret biological data.
RNA-Seq Data Analysis in Partek Flow
Students will learn how to use the point-and-click interface in Partek Flow to go from raw data to experimental results for RNA-Seq analysis:
- Import data (fastq, bam, txt)
- Perform QA/QC (Pre-alignment QA/QC, Post-alignment QA/QC)
- Trim bases
- Align reads to reference genome
- Quantify gene/transcript abundance
- Normalize gene counts
- Detect differentially expressed genes
- Filter a gene list
- Identify enriched GO terms
- Heat maps
- Volcano plots
- PCA scatterplot
- Dot plots
- Hierarchical clustering
- Chromosome view
- And more!
Acquire working knowledge of tools available to NIH researchers for the start to finish RNA-Seq data analysis
Hands-on RNA-Seq Data Analysis training on Partek Flow.
Who should attend?
NIH staff interested in learning RNA-Seq data analysis.