Partek Genomics Suite and Pathway: Demo and Discussion - Advanced Data Analysis
- Registration Closed
- May 17, 2018
- 09:30 AM to 12:00 PM
- NIH Library Training Room
Bioinformatics is an interdisciplinary field that develops methods and software tools for understanding biological data. As an interdisciplinary field of science, bioinformatics combines computer science, statistics, mathematics, and engineering to analyze and interpret biological data.
Abstract: Students who are familiar with Partek Genomics Suite with Pathway basic functions will learn how to perform advanced analysis using filtering, dimension reduction functions, different clustering methods, and different ways to correlate data.:
- How to filter data based on a specified gene list
- How to retrieve more information from PCA result
- How to perform partitioning clustering and self-organizing map
- Different ways to find correlated features or samples
- How to perform correlation methylation status with gene expression
- Q &A
Benefits: Acquire working knowledge of tools available to NIH researchers for different type data analysis.
Who should attend: NIH staff who is familiar with PGS basic features and interested in learning more advanced functions.
Time Required: 2.5 hours