The NIH Library provides access to a premier collection of scholarly resources to support research at NIH and HHS, including thousands of journals and books in print and electronic format. The NIH Library’s Document Delivery service helps get items from our collection, or from other libraries around the world if those items are not held by the NIH Library through ILLiad for you at no additional cost.
What We Do
The NIH Library’s Document Delivery Service helps you get the materials you need for your research. Whether you need a book, article, paper, or other item, and regardless of whether it is at the NIH Library or another institution, the Library will work to get it for you.
The Library has an extensive collection of research materials, searchable via the online catalog.
Start with the main search box on the NIH Library website.
However, there are times when your trail of research may lead to an article, book, report, or other item that is not available from our collection. In these instances, the NIH Library’s Document Delivery Service can borrow items from other libraries and document delivery vendors for you, including books, articles, and other materials.
To request materials, fill out our Order an Article, Book, or Document form from Illiad.
- After logging in, select New Requests
- From the drop-down menu, select the type of item you want to request (Book, Book Chapter, Conference Paper, Patent, Report, Thesis, etc.)
- Complete the request form with as much information as possible.
- You can add additional details or webpage links in the Notes section to assist us with locating the item.
- For new accounts: click on the First Time Users underneath the blue Logon to ILLiad button and follow the instructions.
Get help / FAQ
Contact the NIH Library Information Desk at 301-496-1080 or email@example.com.
There is no charge to use the Document Delivery Service for NIH and select HHS staff.
Last modified date: Fri, 01/29/2021 - 11:53am