Here is a brief list of training resources to learn more about bibliometrics tools, data sources, and limitations:
- Introduction to Bibliometrics Series: (Available only to NIH staff) Recordings of four webinars taught in 2022 by Joelle Mornini and Candace Norton of the NIH Library (with a bibliometrics case study from Ezinne A. Akudinobi, MPH of Fogarty International Center). Slides for the trainings can be found on SharePoint. The recordings, slides, and a discussion board with announcements on upcoming trainings can also be found on the OD ORS NIH Library Bibliometrics and Data Science Training and Support Team.
- NIH Library Bibliometrics Training Series: This series was designed and taught by Chris Belter, Ya-Ling Lu, and Candace Norton at the NIH Library in 2019. The goal of the series was to provide free, on-demand training on how we do bibliometrics for research evaluation. This training webpage has been archived, but text resources related to this series can still be found through the Internet Archive.
- NIH Office of Portfolio Analysis (OPA) Trainings: (Available only to NIH staff) NIH OPA offers a variety of training opportunities related to OPA-developed tools and portfolio analysis.
- Classroom Training and Workshops schedule
- For updates on trainings and OPA activities, sign up for the Portfolio Analysis listserv.