UpToDate is an evidence-based, physician-authored resource that provides clinical answers quickly and easily, at the point of care. UpToDate is available to NIH staff via the NIH network/VPN. NIH staff can also register for a free account to get more out of UpToDate:
- Access UpToDate from anywhere, including from your mobile device(s)
- Download content ahead of time for situations with limited or no internet connectivity
- Earn continuing education credits (CME/CE/CPD)
- Read the bi-weekly UpToDate Clinical Newsletter with the latest information from the UpToDate editorial team
- Access integrated patient education information, medical calculators, drug interaction tools, medical graphics, and links to full-text articles
How to Register
- While on the NIH network/VPN, go to www.uptodate.com
- Select “Register” from the upper right corner of the UpToDate page
- Complete all fields and then click “Submit Registration”
- Once registered, you can use your account to access UpToDate from your computer or install the UpToDate Mobile App on up to two devices
Learn More—Take a Class
The NIH Library is offering a new class, Introduction to UpToDate, on January 29, 1:00–2:00 p.m. This one-hour webinar will demonstrate the major features of UpToDate and will provide a hands-on tutorial on how to search by disease, symptom, lab abnormality, drug, or procedure. The class will also demonstrate how to access search history, create and view bookmarks, and claim continuing education (CME/CE/CPD) credits. Learn more and register.
The NIH Library in Building 10 serves the information needs of NIH staff and select Department of Health and Human Services agencies. The NIH Library is part of the Office of Research Services in the Office of the Director. To stay updated on NIH Library classes, events, resources, and services, subscribe to our e-news.